We know that you’re a busy man, especially this time of year, but since you are in the business of making dreams come true, we put together a wish list of our hopes for healthcare in 2018. We’ve all been good, so you should find us right near the top of your “nice” list. Yes, we know we’re adults, but we still believe in you and your ability to create miracles. So if you’re up for the challenge, we can promise you unlimited amounts of milk and cookies for your trouble!
Here’s our list:
- Cheaper medicines for all! Prescriptions are getting pricey, and we want everyone to be able to get the medicines they need to stay healthy because we believe that healthcare is a right, not a privilege.
- Also, more emphasis on prevention would help to minimize costs down the line!
- A garden for everyone so we can grow our own fruits and vegetables. Children who grow and prepare the food are more likely to be invested in the quality of everything they eat, so getting them involved in this would be a wonderful way for them to learn about responsibility and nutrition at the same time.
- As you know from working with your elves and reindeer, communication is key. Our hope is that in the new year, our doctors will have all the tools to better communicate with each other so they are all on the same page when managing our care.
- Make mental health just as much of a priority to treat as physical health, with just as many options and benefits. Mental illness can take a real toll on those who suffer both emotionally and physically. We want everyone to be treated at the highest standard across the board.
- Please take care of the older population in our country. They could really use some extra smiles and encouragement. Sometimes they feel neglected or forgotten especially around the holidays.
- Similarly, please make sure that those in rural and underserved areas are not left out in the cold when it comes to receiving quality healthcare. Everyone deserves to be healthy regardless of where they live! If insurance could start covering telehealth and telemedicine, those who live in more remote areas would have the same opportunities and choice of doctors as the rest of us.
- Education is power. Please help everyone to understand that vaccines are safe and are a benefit to all so that more children are protected early on in life, and we don’t see as many people get sick over things that are preventable.
Santa, we know that this is a lot to ask, but we believe our dreams will come true in the new year with your help. Thank you for everything, and tell Rudolph and Mrs. Claus we say hello!
The good little boys and girls at Scott Public Relations
If you’re in healthcare, insurance, technology or other professional services industries, and need help with a PR, marketing or social media campaign, contact Scott Public Relations.
Download our e-book, “The C-Suite Asks, We Answer: The Top 6 Questions About Healthcare PR.”
Sign up to receive our monthly advice on healthcare, insurance and technology PR: Scott Public Relations.